With a few exceptions (below) all Cold Picnic pieces are made to order in our Brooklyn studio. Because we make each piece individually, please allow for some variation in color and texture.
Rugs, Bathmats, Pillows: hand-made in India
Blankets: made in the U.S.A
Jewelry: cast in Manhattan. Assembly and hand finishing done by Cold Picnic
Bags: sewn both in Manhattan and by Cold Picnic in our studio. Macrame by Cold Picnic
Wall Hangings + Plant Hangers: made by Cold Picnic in our studio.
All orders are process immediately and worked on in the order they were received.
In stock pieces will ship within a few days of order confirmation. These include rugs, bed + bath, wall hangings, and most bags.
Jewelry, plant hangers, and bags with macrame handles are made to order and will ship out within 3-4 weeks from order date.
Preordered items will ship as soon as they arrive to us. We cannot guarantee ship dates on these items, but will update the item description in our webshop, so please check there for most recent ETA.
Once we release the package to the shipping agent, we cannot be responsible for any lost or stolen packages. However, we will help you correspond with the agent to solve any difficulties as best we can.
At this time we are unable to offer local pickup.
• RUGS: Shedding is normal in wool rugs, and is a result of being handmade from natural wool fibers. Be prepared for your rug to shed quite a lot in the first week or so, but don't worry - shedding will decrease over time. We recommend vacuuming your rug regularly. This helps maintain the condition of the rug, eliminate fibers shed, and deter moths.
Rugs left in direct sunlight will fade over time.
We recommend using a rug pad with all our rugs.
TIPS ON CLEANING YOUR RUG
- Spills: lightly blot (do not rub) with a damp cloth or paper towel. For heavy spills, spoon up excess liquid before blotting with a clean, dry towel.
- Stains: spot clean with water and a mild detergent, then blot dry. Do not use too much water, or allow the rug to remain wet.
- Smelly stains: treat as above, but add a small amount of vinegar to your water/detergent mix.
- Debris: scrape the rug surface with a blunt knife.
- Heavy cleaning: please consult with a professional rug cleaner.
•LEATHER: We use natural veg tanned leather as well as lighter weight pebbled hides. Please allow for some inconsistencies in the surface of your leather - while we make every effort to select the prettiest hides and avoid obviously damaged areas, these are still natural skins and may come with some light scars or marks. We treat our veg tan leather with a leather protector but as it becomes increasingly exposed to water, light and oils from our skin, it gradually cures to a rich caramel tan color.
We recommend spraying our leather products with water resistant spray and gentle spot cleaning as needed with a damp cloth.
• JEWELRY: All jewelry is handmade and can be delicate, and will oxidize over time. We recommend occasional rubbing with a polishing cloth.
Due to each body's individual chemistry, especially acidity levels, brass jewelry may leave greenish or dark marks on the wearer's skin. These are characteristic of the material and easily washed off. However, if you wish to prevent this on rings, we recommend painting a thin layer of clear nail polish on the inner surface of your ring.